Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #3788 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by timihaze View Post
So you're saying you want it to have a more fluctuating rhythmic feel? As in you want the tempo to modulate as you're playing? The tempo seemed to change at various points through the piece. I didn't measure it with a metronome however so I'm not 100% certain. Modulating tempo and rhythm can be interesting. It sounds like you're saying you want to play what you feel first and then organize it later. If that's what you mean I think that's a great idea for bringing out emotional themes as your piece will be governed more by your instincts while creating. Of course, editing can be used later for distributing emphasis within the piece.
Yes, modulating or fluctuating tempo would be a good way to put it. More like classical music, where the conductor may change the pace and flow over time, than popular music that generally follows a beat in some sense or other.

Actually, the BPM of the track as a whole is steady, but notes have varying line intervals between them and some of the pages of melody have some "empty space" inserted between them.

There is a way to manually change the set tempo of the piece while it's playing, so I could try to take it further.

The trick is to make it sound "right". I'm going to adjust things by ear as I go along and just go with what feels right to me. I actually have no business attempting to write stuff like this as I know almost nothing about musical theory and can't play any instruments.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote