Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #127 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgardenrox
difficult choice, im not the patriotic type, but i do think america wins this but closely. Someone said earlier that american music isn't as experimental?? And too formulaic? That isn't really true, unless your speaking about our metal, which it sucks, i know. But, listen to Sonic Youth compare to Pink Floyd, then you'll find the answer. I love Pink Floyd, but listen to their music, and you'll find its very structured and formulaic, and not near as experimental as bands like Sonic Youth, Mars Volta, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Fugazi, etc. The only english bands that I can think of that are almost as equally experimental are King Crimson, Soft Machine, Allan Holdsworth, and Mahavishnu but Mahavishnu has more Americans than Brits. But Britain has brought us great rock n' roll, so in that dept., they win, Jazz and Blues goes to the America, Folk- Britain wins, Experimental American wins, Country- America wins, Pop- Britain wins, Punk rock- I'm going to say America on this because of the multitude of scenes and great bands coming from that scene, i.e. Black Flag, The Ramones, Minor Threat, etc. So, I believe that America wins this one.
DSOTM and WYWH dont sound so formulac to me.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote