Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #13465 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Every time an ISIS leader gets blown up,my conscience says "This one is okay". I'm a firm agnostic. I have no clue what happens after we die but I do know that we have one chance to live the life we have right now. The finality of death is something I try to wrap my head around constantly. Who are we to decide when somebody ceases to exist? There are however these, as I said, gray areas. Nazi orchestrators(sp?) and ISIS are very cliche examples but I honestly think they lost their right to live on this earth if all they're going to do is kill people. I realize the hypocrisy. THEY ARE KILLING? CAN'T HAVE THAT. KILL THEM.

There's the gray area. At what point do you do something? When I was out in SD for the Seals graduation, I met a lot of people that I could tell just wanted to kill people and some who generally felt the need to at least be there to defend the county in case of craziness. I can't really fault the latter. They don't get to have special treatment like discounts and sh*t. But, f*ck, who else is going to do it when the time comes?
WW2 wouldn't have happened without imperialism aided by willing soldiers. I wonder if the "Greatest Generation" had any opinions about how their country was carrying on all around the world beforehand or if they just nodded their empty heads like their fathers and children did and continue to do.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote