Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #582 (permalink)
Key

Super Mario Kart

Man, when I think back to the days of when me and my brothers would sit in the basement with an SNES and a couple controllers, I instantly think of the times we spent playing Super Mario Kart. Other than some weird racing games here and there, there wasn't really a fun and easily accessible one for quite a while back then. Super Mario Kart came out at the perfect time I think because not only did it grab people's attention to this style of gameplay, but it also opened itself up for constant improvements and eventually leading up to where we are today. It's pretty fantastic to see how it improved throughout each game.

But we're talking about Super Mario Kart here, so let's talk about that.

While the entire game was absolutely amazing, and yes, that includes all the races, I do have to say that my favorite thing to do in this game was play the battle mode with friends. I remember this being a regular thing where my friends and I would have competitions by simply playing battle mode. We also did the races too obviously because why wouldn't we? I just remember battle mode being so much fun. And I would definitely play it again today.

Although battle mode is indeed fun, I do also want to point out one map that I have absolutely loved since the first time it ever was introduced in a Mario Kart game:

Yeah, you're goddamn right I'm talking about Rainbow Road. I've loved this level since this first version of it, all the way to the most recent versions. And all the ones in between. I think it's such a cool way to allow a certain type of level to be noticed in every single game. I honestly can't remember but I do think there is a Rainbow Road in every single Mario Kart game. Please feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong. But anyway, definitely some of my all time favorite races have taken place on some version of Rainbow Road.

Anyway, yeah. Super Mario Kart was definitely a humongous part of my childhood, and I hold it dearly in my life. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. It's been fun to see this particular series evolve into what it is today.