Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Video Game Classics: Batman Arkham City
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Btw, before Yorke accuses me of being a "hater": I don't disrespect anyone for liking any game or whatever. In my view, tastes are entirely subjective and there's no way in which my subjective experience of a game should be expected to be mirrored by someone who isn't me, and vice verse.

I just don't like these games at all. I'm not having fun with them. I even strongly dislike the atmosphere of the Arkham games, and indeed most AAA games. They feel soulless to me and I just don't have a good time. It's really no impulse to be an elitist snob or anything. I'm just literally not connecting with these games and I'm not having a good time with them at all.

Some games just connect with me where others fail. I'm happy as a clam playing Armored Core 5, while Assassins Creed is about as fun as a root canal for me. It's just the way it is. Psychology, biology; whatever.
Nothing wrong with that. Hell, I don't see any of your posts in here as acting like you're some for of elitist or w/e. I could list off many games that I don't like. It seems like you prefer older games as opposed to more up to date games. Maybe that's just my assumption. Again, nothing wrong with that. I'm just the complete opposite.

Plus, not ALL AAA games are like that, but I will admit that a lot of them are pretty crappy. Lots of exceptions tho.

I also do somewhat agree on what you say about critical consensus but if a lot of people like a game and I don't, I do try the game again or I will to play it later. Hell, I didn't play Witcher 3 until several years after its release.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote