Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #591 (permalink)
Key

Let's Talk About...SNES (A Bit More In Depth)

Otherwise known as Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the SNES came out in 1990 in Japan, and 1991 for North America. I figured since we were talking about video games, we could talk about the systems that came out with those games as well. Yes, the SNES. Perhaps one of my all time favorite game consoles to date. I remember years and years of enjoyment coming from this system and of course the systems that came after it, which we will of course be talking about. But yeah, the SNES. What made it so great? Was it the impressive amount of games on it? Or was it simply the games that it had on it that made it great? Well, it was a mixture of both.

Let's see. The SNES had titles like...

Batman Forever

I played this **** out of this game.

Donkey Kong Country

We will be talking about this game, so I'm just passively mentioning it here.

And so much more. But again, we're talking about games all month, so I'm not going to talk in depth about those right now. But yeah, not only did the SNES have some fantastic titles on its side, it also had one of my favorite controller designs I've ever seen.

Even though the design is simple, I've used this controller recently and it still feels super comfortable and slick to touch. If there's a USB version of this out there somewhere, I should definitely pick it up. Don't get me wrong, the NES controller is fine as well, but this one feels so natural to hold in your hand.

Quite the spectacular console, especially for its time. But of course, things tend to get outdated, and especially with today's standards, the console doesn't really hold up well. But again, I'd definitely take that controller design over anything else these days.