Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #593 (permalink)
Key

The Start of Something Great [Pt. 2]

Final Fantasy

Admittedly, Final Fantasy is one of those series that I never got into, but I respect a lot. Not only have I always heard about this series as its evolved, I'm also making another exception here because the Final Fantasy series for games actually started back in 1987, however the series definitely evolved more and more throughout the 90's especially when you think about the fact that not only was the first game released in this time, but moving all the way to the year 2000, you can tell there's been a new Final Fantasy game released at least a year or so between each other. Eventually it did get to the year 2000 when the world was evidently graced with:

I don't have a lot of reasons for why I posted this one, I just felt like posting the last Final Fantasy game before the 2000's era. Since we're discussing the 90's right now, I felt it'd be appopriate.

Definitely a series of games that I had wished I'd gotten into as a kid. There's far too many in the series right now for me to get into it, but i'll always respect the series for what it has done to the gaming world in general. I mean, i'd be surprised if somebody didn't at least feel like they remembered the games based on the names alone. Hell even the name is recognizable to almost anybody.

I could probably go on and on about Final Fantasty as there's a lot to discuss, but I'll keep it short (for now).

The next game we have on the list, although maybe not as successful or popular as Final Fantasy would definitely have to go to...

Lego Games

I'm doing almost exactly what I did for the Final Fantasy games where I'll be discussing the games as a whole, because going by the Wiki article I'm using, the Lego games started coming out in 1995, with Lego Fun to Build. Lego Island came after that in 1997, and then further on throughout history, we received more and more, with 2000 having a lot of releases. Notably Lego Land and Lego Stunt Rally. I would say I don't really have a big opinion on Lego games, but I know they're meant to just be all around fun to play. And I gotta admit, as the series has evolved, I've seen games being developed throughout the Lego franchise that are actually pretty amazing.

I mean, we'll touch on this more later, but in the 2000's era, there were games Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, etc etc. I'm probably more familiar with the licensed properties obviously, but I can't say that I've never had fun playing a Lego game. They're legitimately a lot of fun to play, and certainly worth your time if you're into them.

The 90's are certainly delivering in terms of games and we can see that through this journal. Some of which I hadn't even realized had released until I looked them up. Part of what makes this fun tbh.