Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem
Thread: Eminem
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #579 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Oh I absolutely understood your posts.

You're arguing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
It's a homophobic word, but you can use it without being homophobic.
I am saying that whoever uses the word to disparage another person is being homophobic by default, since that's the only way you can use this word to disparage someone, by being homophobic. It's a word that belittles a whole group of people and the only reason it's considered an insult is because it's historically been used to disparage homosexuals. Even if you use it on someone who isn't gay, the effect is the same. Just like you can't use "nigger" to disparage someone without being racist and just like that word will never be disassociated with its history. It's an inherently racist word and its use can't be anything but racist. It's absolutely the same thing. I don't see how much clearer I can get.

If I tell you that whenever I hear it I feel personally insulted, then how can anyone using it not be considered prejudiced if they continue to use it, knowing full well the effect it has on gay people? That means they don't value gay people enough to refrain from its use. I really don't think this is very complicated to understand at all...

Or is it...:/

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote