Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #181 (permalink)
Crowquill
blasphemous krucifixion

Re-reading all of this is interesting. Not sure I totally hold all of the same opinions on certain albums, tho I think the general cu

Time Out of Mind (1997)

Dylan's Grammy Award winning, much acclaim return to fame, is pretty much all it's hyped to be. He returned to working with Daniel Lanois, who's produced U2, Brian Eno, Neil Young, The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, and would go onto work with such motha****er ballers as Dashboard Confessional.
Anyway, I haven't written something like this in years so reviewing is weird. Nothing on the album is really surprising, it has some beautiful tender moments (Standing in the Doorway) and then some terrible tender moments (The Garth Brooks covered Make You Fee My Love.) It's all kinda the same Dylan roots music but unlike basically everything in the 80's it seems like he's actually trying.
I think my favorite moments on the album are the most traditional songs, such as Dirt Road Blues or Cold Irons Bound. Not Dark Yet is the standout for me though.
Favorite Lyric: "Every nerve in my body is so naked and numb / I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from / Don't even hear the murmur of a prayer / It's not dark yet, but it's getting there"
Favorite Songs: Not Dark Yet, Highlands, Dirt Road Blues
Yes. I believe that the older acts should be given a slot at the Superbowl Halftime show. It is blasphemy..where is the love for the reunion of Creed, and Nickelback is about to have their 12th anniversary of 'Silver Side Up'

#veteransdeserverespect
Crowquill is offline   Reply With Quote