Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #604 (permalink)
Key

1993:

Moving on from 1991 and 1992, we make our way into 1993. While still not having a lot of fantastic releases, what there was is pretty notable and worth mentioning. Hell, I'd certainly have a reason to talk about more games in 1993 if I felt the need to do so. However the games I chose to talk about will give a pretty good indication for how the year was as a whole.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Yeah, if you didn't see this one coming, you really need to rework how you think of classic gaming. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is a staple in a lot of peoples lives when it comes to video games. I remember very vividly that I loved this game to pieces. Funny thing is, I played this game way after I had played the newer games, and I still loved it. I remember finding the game to be difficult at times, but still so worth every minute.

Kirby's Adventure

I don't really have a whole lot to say about this one since I don't think I actually played it. However, judging by what I'm looking at in terms of screenshots, I'd say it looks pretty appealing for the time. 1993 I imagine was definitely one of those years where certain series' were starting to improve and garner more popularity. Looks to be like your standard Kirby style game, but with many improvements. Like I said, I've not played it. So this is all based on what I'm looking at.

Doom

I love Doom. Love love love love love it! It's definitely up there with being some of my favorite gaming moments from a game series. The only times I've actually talked about Doom in this journal is I think when I was talking about my multiplayer rankings in the most recent Doom. Hell, I'd still get in the multiplayer today and absolutely love it. This particular series I think has always gotten better and has continued to improve on the predecessors. I mean, c'mon. Even from the get-go we knew Doom wasn't meant to be seen with a light heart: