Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #632 (permalink)
Key

Mega Man X

Yes, I realize the Japan release of this game was December of 1993, but it wasn't actually released in North America until 1994, so it counts. Shut it.

Anyway, I remember owning a copy of Mega Man X and loving the **** out of it. Genuinely a really fun game for the Super Nintendo. Although I really don't talk about Mega Man that often, I do give them credit for always being sort of just straight up what they want to be. I've never really been disappointed with a Mega Man game and from what I've seen of the games I haven't played, they all seem really good for the right reasons.

Earthworm Jim

I think the only time I ever saw Earthworm Jim was from a neighbor or something because they had a copy of it. I don't really remember much about it, but I know that it is pretty well respected in the gaming world, although pretty obscure at this point. Not surprising to see that this game did well in terms of ratings, since as I said, I believe people were generally favorable of this game, and I only knew that from hearing about it years after its release.

1994 seems like it was still a pretty good year for gaming. For people that got to experience Warcraft for the first time, I imagine their minds were absolutely blown. I would've love to experience that when it came out the first day.