Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #26872 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Barbara Morgenstern - BM

Ordered this one again for the 3rd damn time. First, it couldn't be delivered (after a 1 month wait no less), then I got a badly scratched up copy that couldn't play past track 3. Third time's the charm!(?).

Lady Gaga - Joanne

Listened to it on Spotify way back when it was released. Found it disappointing, but I'm determined to give it a real second chance. At least the lead single was really infections in a great way. Suggested a slightly more raw take on her dance pop that the album sadly didn't deliver. Instead, it's a hodge podge of different styles of songs that all feel like imitations of other artists. Maybe when I get the CD, I can find a way to appreciate it for what it is - maybe even get more of a sense of the album having some identity of its own.

In This Moment - Blood

Not exactly the greatest band ever, but I think they're interesting, in that they're the only current metal band that manages to so aggressively fuse mainstream pop with metal with any sort of success. Amaranthe is the closest competitor in some ways, and they haven't figured this **** out in any way yet. In This Moment is starting to find something that could potentially become pretty awesome in a dumb sort of way.

Guano Apes - Offline

They totally "sold out" on their second last album, Bel Air, so I expect this one to be more radio friendly alternative pop rock in the same vein. I'm fine with that, really. As long as the song writing is on point, so I'm crossing fingers that it's perhaps a tad more consistent than Bel Air was (that album was super front loaded).
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote