Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #55272 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I have a special needs child in my shop right now with his father and the kid is touching EVERYTHING. He has already stopped a record by pressing his hand down on it, started unscrewing a $400 light fixture, and was poking at our fire extinguisher. I had to intervene all three times. The father is not watching him at all. He's looking at books. The child is actually pretty well behaved but can't help himself sometimes. Just now, he went outside and I had to tell the father that he did this. He ran out there because there's a main road next to us. They're back inside now and the father is, again, ignoring the child.

I'm so close to asking them to leave, not because of the child, but because this f*cking dude refuses to keep an eye on his son. Take a f*cking hint Dad. Special needs children are more than welcome here but unless you're ready to pay for things he breaks, his special needs is not an excuse to just let him destroy my store. I don't want to ask them to leave because it'll upset the child but what the f*ck dude!?
Ask the kid what music he likes and bump that **** in the store no matter what it is. Special needs people love to feel like they're truly connecting with you because so many people condescend to them like they're small children even if they don't realize that they want this. This is why I love my retarded coworker because I'm pretty sure he's treated like a child pretty much all of the time and I don't treat him like that beyond not calling him stupid and I think he really responds to that and we have fun.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote