Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #55301 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
My favorite story from my mother about her and my aunts and uncles was when they were all lined up for some transgression and she got unfairly blamed for something and got smacked in the face (spanking is a thing with us but getting smacked in the face is our preferred punishment). She knew that she wasn't responsible for whatever and so she just started laughing at the absurdity of it all and my grandfather couldn't handle it and just was like, "What the **** are you laughing at?" and she just kept laughing and probably got the **** beat out of her and I like to think that she laughed the whole time like a deranged maniac cause that would be the only justice in the situation.

Knowing me I probably would have been the same but would have adopted an antagonistic approach kinda sort of like Good Will Hunting with Will asking to get hit by the wrench, "Cause **** him that's why." I would have been a constant target for abuse but I would have been unhinged and laughed in his face until he didn't even know what was going on which would have made me laugh even more until I'd have needed therapy just to not associate violence with humor.
That's ****ed up. But for both your's and Plankton's story, I'm thinking the silver lining is that someone just laughing their asses off while you're beating them must make you feel pretty damn pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Note how I associate all negative things with humor.
Got an admission to make that might offend Americans. I chuckled at a "1 minute of silence" event at the high school I was at back in 2001, just the same day as the 9/11 attacks. Everyone was all quiet and staring into the floor. Except this guy standing a bit away from me. He was trying to eat an apple really quietly, but you could hear that slow motion crunch so clearly. Just too absurd to bear, so I laughed and everyone gave me this stare that made me feel like a giant *******.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote