Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #55306 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
That's ****ed up. But for both your's and Plankton's story, I'm thinking the silver lining is that someone just laughing their asses off while you're beating them must make you feel pretty damn pathetic.
My mother never hit me like that but I still got hit in a way that ****ed me up. But I almost wish I got that level of abuse cause I like to imagine just how it would have destroyed me in a way that I'd be able to look back at and been even more sick and ****ed up than I already am. Abuse is ****ed up like that. It makes you feel like it's funny after the fact. My entire immediate family has this "funny" story about the right hand side of my grandparents' dinner table where my grandfather sat at the head of the table, my grandmother sat at his left side, and my mother, aunts, and uncles would rush to the table so that they wouldn't get the seat on his right side cause that was "the death seat". That's the seat that got physically assaulted during meals. We all laugh about it cause of course we laugh at it. Abused families laugh at abuse I guess, or at least mine does. I know it's wrong but I still laugh cause it makes sense in our family.

The idea of laughing at getting hit is oddly empowering. I feel like I didn't get hit enough to justify how ****ed up I am. But if I'd suffered through what my mother and her siblings did I'd have something to fight against and be able to shove my face into his face to act as a panacea to my fear. But now I just feel like I kinda got the shaft but not enough to justify how I feel right now.

Quote:
Got an admission to make that might offend Americans. I chuckled at a "1 minute of silence" event at the high school I was at back in 2001, just the same day as the 9/11 attacks. Everyone was all quiet and staring into the floor. Except this guy standing a bit away from me. He was trying to eat an apple really quietly, but you could hear that slow motion crunch so clearly. Just too absurd to bear, so I laughed and everyone gave me this stare that made me feel like a giant *******.
At the time we all would have strung you up but at this point **** it who cares I guess.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote