Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 05:07 AM   #502 (permalink)
MURDER JUNKIE
The Wetter The Better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
since this is the bitch box, i would like to bitch about a certain thing that really upset me yesterday. i was sick, so i went to the couch and turned on the telly, since there was nothing else on, i turned the program to the direct transmission of the debate in our parliament about the proposition of a law for registered partnerships ( gay marriages ). up until yesterday, i was voting for right orientated slightly nationalistic catholic parties, but...you should have heard them yesterday. the way they were speaking about gay people...i couldn't believe my eyes/ears. some of them were saying that the "entire universe is heterosexual, from atoms to the solar system, if they turned gay, everything would fall apart", others that " according to a study, 70 percent of homosexuals can be cured and have normal heterosexual lives", they used the terms "faggot" in parliament, the general tone of their voice was belittling and berating, they were saying how they wouldn't want their children to be homosexuals, how, and this is an occurrence i find very frequent with homophobes ( read:holdyoualways ), "they're not homophobes, they just don't want homosexuals to have the same rights heterosexuals have"......apparently, saying outright that you're a homophobe is totally unacceptable, but saying things like faggot, or that it's unnatural and undesirable is ok....but they're not homophobes.....god forbid...
anyways, i was very frustrated and shall not be voting for these neandrathals in the future...
Come to Canada, it is pretty much accepted here. Only the Catholics are hung up on it. Even my dear old Dad is cool with it and he is as Redneck as they come, he said something to the effect of " If that feller loves that other feller why shouln't they be happy? " Surprised the tits off of me
MURDER JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote