Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #182 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Congrats on returning to the daunting task of going through Dylan's discography! I haven't read the entire thread yet - I'm up to "Another Side of Bob Dylan", which, as you suggest, is the closest thing to a "forgotten album" in Dylan's oeuvre. In fact it's a great album imo: some of the songs have a careless freshness about them that makes them more vivid than his overplayed classics of that period. To Ramona is a surprisingly touching song from Bob, but, to copy your own "favourite lyric" idea I would prob highlight:

Black crows in the meadow across the broad highway
But it's funny, honey, I'm out of touch and don't feel much
Like a scarecrow today

I also read your reviews of some more recent albums. TBH, I find "Time Out of Mind" to be a bit too sombre to enjoy; I liked "Oh Mercy" more. Incidently, in your review of "Oh Mercy", you seem to've made a mistake:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
"Ring them Bells" is overly sentimental crap.
^ Surely this is a typo and you meant to write, "Ring Them Bells is one of the most profound and moving songs of his later career." Perhaps you should back and correct that post.

Anyway, Crowquill, keep up the good work. I'll look forward to your take on "Love and Theft," which is prob the next album to be reviewed, right?