Music Banter - View Single Post - Stevie Ray Vaughan
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #107 (permalink)
GetOffMyLawnKid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
No no no no no no no my good sir. Hendrix was an absolute god for every moment that his hands made contact with a guitar. SRV was a fine musician and I bet that his live performances were energetic and fun as hell, but Hendrix's performances came straight from his bones. Right down to the marrow. Livid passion that SRV could only dream of and I bet he'd agree with me on that.
I love Hendrix just as much as the next guy and he is an extremely influential guitarist, but he could be extremely sloppy and all over-the-place live. I believe SRV played Hendrix's Voodoo Chile better than Hendrix did and it's his song. Of course SRV would agree with you because Jimi inspired him and he was very humble when it came to guitarist he respected. He also watered down his playing when he played with his idols.

Quote:
Nothing would make Keiji Haino nervous, but he might wonder about the odd concert pairing .
I hope you're not talking about this guy. Even Joni Mitchell could run circles around this dude on guitar. Yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRJ8lrDvlw
GetOffMyLawnKid is offline   Reply With Quote