Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:23 AM   #646 (permalink)
Key

I realize each time that I bring up a year to talk about, that the particular year I'm talking about tends to surpass the previous year. That is definitely case when you take the year 1995 into account. 1994 yes had some pretty fantastic and notable releases. Hell, some releases in 1994 were probably far superior to those released the following year. However, I do think 1995 may have pumped out some better quality games overall. So let's talk about it.

Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

It's pretty much a huge coincidence that I've managed to talk about both this game and the previous game in less than a few posts. But, I cherish the series so I feel like each of them deserve a time in the light. Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness is seriously a vast improvement from the first game. That's not the say the first isn't great, but this game is the one I beat first out of all of them. And I have to say, even though I played through a lot of Warcraft 3 before I got to this one, I actually found myself enjoying this one a little bit more. Of course, that was until Frozen Throne came out and just took that crown right away. Definitely worth a purchase and a playthrough if you've got the time.

Rayman

I honestly cannot believe that this game came out in 1995. That's crazy to me considering I've played the "reboot" on the Game Boy Advance and it's ****ing fantastic. To know that the original release of the game was several years prior to me actually playing it. That says something on its own. I love this game. I think the platforming is difficult enough but fair. Plus, the character design of Rayman is just awesome. No arms or legs makes for some really interesting mechanics that you can add to a character. And boy they did.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Giving credit where credit is due, Donkey Kong Country 2: Didd'y Kong Quest definitely showcases that Rare know how to make great sequels. We saw it with Banjo-Tooie, and then we of course say it with Donkey Kong Country 2. I think one of the nicest things about this release over its predecessor is that everything felt tight and natural. More than the original which says a lot. The game actually did receive a lot of praise for its gameplay and graphics. Honestly, well deserved. It's a game I don't think gets as much attention as its predecessor, but it's still a fantastic game. Not saying I never hear people talk about it, it's just not as prevalent.

Chrono Trigger

Admittedly I have not played Chrono Trigger but I have seen plenty of it to form somewhat of an opinion. I know for a fact that this game in particular is regarded as one of the best RPG's of all time, especially considering it came out for the Super Nintendo. From what I can tell, the game certainly looks like something I'd sink a lot of time into. It unfortunately has also been one of those games that falls on the backburner and sits for a while until I eventually get to it. It's on my list though.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Oh man oh man oh man what good memories this game brought. I ****ing love everything about this game. The music, the gameplay, the graphics, the story, everything. I mean, yeah crying Mario can get really annoying, but sometimes its fun to see him just float away. I think it's also amazing to be able to play as Yoshi for the main character and have Mario sitting back and just chillin. Definitely one of Nintendo's greatest releases of all time.