Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #648 (permalink)
Key

Let's Talk About...Nintendo 64

When it comes to talking about video game systems, it tends to fall under two different categories for me. Was the system worth getting? Were there enough games to justify owning one? The answer to both those questions: yes. Owning a Nintendo 64 back in the day is easily my all time favorite experience as a gamer. All the games that were coming out back in the day were either really really good, or fantastically good. We're going to be diving into the year 1996 at some point, so I wanted to first touch on the system that brought us some of these amazing games.

As I said earlier, a lot of what makes a system great is what it has to offer. If we're talking games specifically, and of course we are, there are tons upon tons to choose from. I don't want to go too far in depth with them here as I will be talking about them at another point. But...

Banjo Kazooie

Diddy Kong Racing

Super Mario 64

Don't those just look like so much fun? And that's literally just a small portion of what the Nintendo 64 brought to the table. Not to mention that Rare was easily at the forefront when it came to gaming. The first two images I showed of games here were both made my Rare. They continuously pumped out quality games and even today, I'd say they're worth playing.

Graphically, evidently the Nintendo 64 has aged quite a bit, but seriously, the games are still a lot of fun to play and well worth your time. Even if it hasn't aged as well, certain games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie among others are definitely worth playing even today. If they ever come out with a Nintendo 64 Classic Edition, i'll be all over it.