Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #636 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Simple Pleasures

Not a formal blog post - just a quick check in for a success of the day.

I’ve been very selective with my spending, continuing my mantra of investing in experiences rather than material goods, but this special purchase seemed like it would serve my happiness well. As good luck would have it, I was able to sell a rare audiobook box set read by Douglas Adams to a gent in Australia and made back every penny of my investment just a few hours after my purchase!

Slowly but surely I’ve been dressing the windows and walls of my home to mask the spots of peeling paint from where my ex-wife removed all her former adornments. There were just two spots remaining on either side of the picture window in my dining room left to fill.

I’d been eyeing these two rare promotional prints for a long time. The first showcases Brian Eno’s innovative generative art installation, 77 Million Paintings featured at Moogfest in 2011. The other is a UK promo print for Underworld's 1994 debut LP Dubnobasswithmyheadman with award-winning artwork by their design collective which directly inspired my pursuit of a design degree and my passion for typography. They represent my two greatest musical and artistic inspirations and they fit the space perfectly.

These complement the other inspiring works I’ve framed to make my house a home and a gallery of all my favorite art. It feels like a good investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote