Music Banter - View Single Post - Shelf in the Room: Aux-In's Album Review Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

WWF: Forceable Entry

Genre: Various hard rock and nu metal
Year: 2002
Album Type: Compilation
Place of Origin: N/A
General Pace: Moderate to heavy

I used to watch wrestling with my dad growing up, although I haven't caught much of it in quite a while. I do follow WWE in the news and know some of the company's recent developments, such as their subscription model and global expansion in China and elsewhere, for instance. Wrestling is as popular as ever, so I took a listen to past theme songs featured on this disc from when the Company was the WWF.

Forceable Entry has selections from such bands as Disturbed, Limp Bizkit, Creed, Rob Zombie and more. One cool surprise is that there is a Union Underground song called "Across the Nation," although it is definitely no "Turn Me on 'Mr. Deadman'." Those guys put out one album then called it quits, and "Across the Nation" only appears here. Neurotica's "Ride of Your Life" was kind of a sleeper, too, but generally, I found the music to be quite dreadful. Please don't beat me up, Vince.

Honorable Mentions: Drowning Pool's "The Game" for Triple H's theme, and I will give a nod to Lita as she chose a Boy Hits Car song for her theme.
Worst Song: Kid Rock covers ZZ Tops' "Legs," and it sucks baaaaaalls."

Would I return to this album?: No.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote