Music Banter - View Single Post - I wanna be a broadway singer but my parents won't support me.
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
singingislife28
Groupie

Default I wanna be a broadway singer but my parents won't support me.

According to my grandmother, when I was three years old, I started singing broadway songs which I’ve always heard and seen on TV. She was the one who took care of me while my parents were away for work. She’s a good singer too and she loves broadway as much as I love it. When I was seven, we used to sing disney and broadway songs together. Because of her, I wanted to pursue my dream of becoming a broadway singer.

While I was growing up, my grandma loved to audition me on singing contests and all throughout, she was there to support me. When I turned seventeen, she died in a natural death. Despite that, I didn’t give up on our broadway dream. But my parents didn’t want it for me because they think it won’t do me any good. They just want me to focus more on realistic stuff, like working at a foreign company in town. It saddened me so much that they think that way. Is dreaming to experience a broadway singing not realistic at all?
singingislife28 is offline   Reply With Quote