Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording without line noise
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

There are ground loop noise isolators, noise suppression software downloads, and/or isolation power bars you could use. Maybe use only incandescent light bulbs cause florescent lighting give off a 60 cycle hum.

Everyone is worried about their noise to signal ratio – don't. Go against the norm, add more noise to your recording. Maybe sample an the ending of an LP, loop it and at it to your recording making your recording sound like it was pressed on vinyl. No one would know whether or it was ripped from vinyl except you. Or you could just start off the song with a few seconds of a scratchy record like "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods. Maybe mix in white noise to you snare hits. If you're recording a guitar use a Stratocaster for that buzzy single coil noise and capture that noise before you start playing. Noise is a wild animal. You gotta capture noise, train it, and it do the tricks you want it to do.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote