Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #13709 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So she deserves her treatment because her statement couldn't be adequately politicized. Nice.
Nobody deserves death threats. I'm just saying that people need to look at reality before they commit to a course of action. When you are in the public eye and you so much as drink a glass of water, somebody somewhere might take offense to it and go nuts. For example, James Gunn received death threats after that whole debacle of his 10+ year old tweets caused enough of an uproar to get him fired from Disney, and it wasn't right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
"it doesn't matter if she's telling the truth" is the reason you wouldn't use it as a stalling technique

you automatically assume it's political and result to character assassination

it's everything that's wrong with these situations on display
Once upon a time, Kavanaugh was under serious considerations before joining the Bush administration. Multiple background checks, people interviewed, etc. There was plenty of opportunities even over the last 15 years for Mrs. Ford to come out and say something. Feinstein claims that Blasey sent a letter in July, which means the Democrats were sitting on this for months and knew her identity. Is she telling the truth? We don't know.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-19-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote