Music Banter - View Single Post - Morte Macabre
Thread: Morte Macabre
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
ehname
Music Addict

Default Morte Macabre

Didn't find much love of this band on this site, but this really have to be one of my most played albums of all time. So, I figured it needed a thread:

Morte Macabre - Symphonic Holocaust (1998)

Mellotron-heavy swedish prog gem, covering bunch of stellar old horror movie themes. This is probably the most prominent mellotron usage I've heard in an album, and yeah it's even released on the swedish cult label called "Mellotronen". All of these themes are damn fine to begin with, but Morte Macabre makes them even better. There's Cannibal Holocaust, Beyond the Darkness, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Rosemary's Baby... (oh, I just realised maybe Riz Ortolani's Cannibal Holocaust soundtrack quite possibly could be my most played album of all time. That kitchy late 70's ugliness is to die for, and along with those melodies of pure beauty.....) So try it out if you like Goblin, Fabio Frizzi, Riz Ortolani, or just italian horror/giallo in general.

This album is really heavy yet cosy(!) and actually quite an easy listening for your whole family in the late rainy nights. It is quite easily my fav album of off all the swedish heavy post-prog revivalists that popped up during the 90's.

Any love for this in here?
ehname is offline   Reply With Quote