Music Banter - View Single Post - Thrash Metal Album Club
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Invocator - Excursion Demise

Reminded me a bit of Death, Dark Angel and even Sadus to some degree. Like others have said, the songs are perhaps not all that memorable, but the album sounds good and thrashes along in a satisfying manner. Not bad if you just want some meat & potatoes. I'd prefer something considerably more distinct in style, but it perfectly listenable if it's what you've got on hand.

EDIT: Listening to this again after the album below, I welcome the middle of the road sound of this album. It's nothing special, but it's got that thrash metal punch to the stomach.

Jurassic Jade - Gore

Sometimes, the vocalist is entirely too much, but there's some catchy moments in these songs. The guitar sound is incredibly crunchy and there's a lot of low end punch to the kick drums, but I still feels somewhat bothered by the production after a while. I find it a bit grating in bigger doeses.
Sometimes the album descends into high speed thrashing of the sort that a million identikit bands have done just the same. I like the moments where it feels like the band has somewhat of a musical style of its own better. Check out the intro riff to track 5, for example. I liked this album a lot to begin with, but after the first two, I gotta say I'd rather be listening to that Invocator album one more time.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote