Music Banter - View Single Post - Thrash Metal Album Club
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Okay, so here are my feelings on Gore.

It was... fine. I love the early 80's haziness between subgenres- at points it was more death or even early black metal, and has that straight-ahead punk drumming. The last song was almost doom metal. That was cool.

However, as others said, it's nothing others haven't done before or since.

That said, I liked it enough to look up the band and have also listened to their only full album on Spotify (which is actually just a collection of their earliest demos and singles and such) and my goodness. It's way better than Gore.

Like, yes, it's still the same sound, but it's grittier, less produced, and just ****tier in all the best ways. They were still trying to figure themselves out, they obviously weren't mature enough to try anything, they were just bashing the hell out of their instruments and screaming into microphones in obvious mimicking of their Western hardcore and metal heroes. To me, the raw, ugly early stuff is better than Gore could ever hope to be.

So even if I'll never listen to that album again, I'm glad I listened to it, as I was introduced to a cool band I hadn't heard about before. Just listen to this terrible, amazing song. His vocals sound like he's a cat being strangled. Which is great.

Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote