Music Banter - View Single Post - Inspiration for Composition
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Waddles
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Same approach when I need inspiration for both the music I make or the games I make:

Just stop working on your material for a while. Spend time playing interesting games/listening to good music. Explore and don't worry about inspiration. Then it will come on it's own. You can't force a genuine feeling of being inspired to create.

Just go and explore music instead. Maybe even for several weeks.
Thank you. This reminds me a quote by Thoreau: "How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." I have been neglecting to really get out and happen to life lately, so that could be where I'm stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
If you're looking for something more "about" the art of music, then I highly recommend Rick Beato's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pegzch
I have run across Rick's channel before, though at the time I was looking for something else, so I'll go back and give him another look. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
Do you mean for lyrics, or for the music itself? Or, both?
I tend to focus more on strictly instrumental music, but for the purposes of discussion and benefiting the forum, we could certainly talk about inspiration for lyrics as well. Poetry comes easier to me than music.

Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote