Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #56747 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Weird. I've never had any contact with my dad's side of the family simply because they've never tried. I don't know if there was anything going on behind my back but when I finally contacted my dad after nearly thirty years of not a single word he said nothing. I have an entire half of my family I've never so much as sniffed at and I really don't know why they never were curious enough to ask. For all I know my dad simply never told them I existed and considering what I know of him through a single night's meeting I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't know I was alive. What he's said hints that they don't like him very much and have no interest in his doings so who knows. I know I have a half brother but I asked him about it and he gave me a ridiculously cagey answer that implied that my brother had disowned him and refused any contact with him and the only number my father had for him may or may not work. Then when I lost this number (I'm ****ty with ****) I asked my father about it and he acted like he'd never had any number to begin with and didn't even know why I'd have gotten the number from him in the first place.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote