Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #55989 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Went to the clinic for my interview and the first thing they had me do was pee in a cup and take a breathalyzer. WTF? Then after talking for about 45 minutes they said the program would require that I check into the clinic full time for about 4 days and do a cold turkey detox under constant medical care ($3,000 deductible), I'd then have to go 3 nights a week for at least 8 weeks ($25 a visit x 24 visits = $600).

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

I don't want to entirely quit drinking and pot. I just want to learn some tools to help manage things and keep from having those overboard days. She then referred me to these guys. It's basically AA without all of the higher power BS.

https://www.smartrecovery.org/
So do you understand that you're an alcoholic? I mean I know I'm one and would love to reach a level of booze reasonableness but I know that if I'm willing to seek professional help for it that that ship has sailed. If you're cool with potentially going off the rails then go ahead and keep drinking but if you're not then you're currently lying to yourself.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote