Music Banter - View Single Post - Dance the Night Away (the best and worst dancing in music videos)
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Dance the Night Away (the best and worst dancing in music videos)

Looking for videos which contains the best and worst dance performances in a music video.

I'll start with this particular version of Wuthering Heights. I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. To start off within the first few seconds you hear chimes which is the motif invariably used to indicate something magical will happen and that hold true with this song and video. Kate's vocals are not only exceptional, her choreography is off the charts. Her dance style is part ballet, part avant-garde, with a sprinkling of French pantomime, and on top of that she lip-syncs during her incredible dance performance. Such multi-tasking I find mind boggling. The song ends with a bit of "Magic" too with a warm and fuzzy guitar solo outro provided by Ian Bairnson. Besides being the studio musician on Kate's album he played also played in Pilot and The Alan Parsons Project.

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

As you participate in this thread, please pace yourselves, don't throw up a bunch of videos all at once. And also don't throw up a video without commenting on it. There are plenty of thread that you can throw up a video and leave no comment. Hopefully this won't turn into one of those. btw I have more than one video to post. I just want to hear different opinions before I move onto the next.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote