Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #55997 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

A. I don't want to stop drinking. I enjoy a few drinks at the end of the day.
B. Definitely not going to stop vaping hash oil - again end of the day.
C. Been doing fantastic since getting back together with Lin. She mentioned earlier this week "I don't know what you're doing but keep doing it. I've definitely noticed the change."
D. All it takes for me to start getting slurry is half a beer. Linda has developed a highly sensitive slur radar. When she gets home from work she can tell after only a brief exchange if I've been drinking during the day.
E. That Smart Recovery program might just be what I've been looking for. Same basic principles as AA but no religious baggage. They have a meeting hall that's less than a 10 minute drive from my house. Plus they do daily on-line meetings, 24/7 live online chat, and a discussion forum you can utilize if you feel a slip coming on.

They don't preach total abstinence - although that's what they'd like to see. They put just as much focus on avoiding abuse/maintaining moderation. That's my goal.

In other news, Jeff Flake caved and is voting for Kavanaugh. When a close colleague was told about his decision in the halls of the Capitol he blurted out "Oh F*ck.... " before pausing and then apologizing.

And Lindsey Graham is being hailed an absolute hero of heroes in the bowels of the White House and in the Trumpistan areas of the US. Watching his outburst again today it comes across so overwrought that it could have been a scene in The Room.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote