Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #271 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
I shortened his whole quote so it was less of a bitch to read, I think you kind of shortsided the U.S. I don't know a hella load about british music (still trying to learn =/) so if I come across as unfair its out of ignorance.

In the 80s we had the dead kennedys who are one of the greatest punk bands ever, duh and in the 90s we had more then a bunch of 90s mainstream rock acts that you listed. There was Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, Converge, At The Drive-In, Capn Jazz, and alot of other good bands.

Theres more to the U.S now also the emo scene is thriving (She Died Real Pretty, Circle Takes The Square, Funeral Diner). Between The Buried and Me's Alaska is one of the best albums of 2000 and the Fall Of Troy are an extremely talented group, as are Blood Brothers/Neon Blonde. Rocky Votolato is also a very good acoustic artist out of seattle i've grown to like alot recently. Thrice is a very talented and varied group as shown by their last three albums.

This whole arguement seems like its based around indie bands, theres more to music then that one genre...
I listed bands who either got much critical acclaim or were very big, popular and influencial.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote