Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam will listen to anything.
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I could see you digging this.

I loved this so much. In fact, I loved it so much, that I hated that it faded out during a really ecstatic moment near the end of the clip. I could totally see this artist collaborating with Barbara Morgenstern. The music in this Youtube video doesnt' only have a fantastic aesthetic on it's own, but recalls a variety of artists that I like, such as Barbara Morgenstern, Jenny Hval, and maybe even Olga Bell.

I find this video clip and the accompanying music to hit that particular divide that I find so magical. It's not fantastical, but it's not quite like reality either. It's heightened reality.

This is where all the best art is to be found in my world view. Not entirely simple escapism, but not quite banal reality either. A stronger experience of the real. Not recalling elves and wizards, but some perhaps romanticized, heightened experience of this world, with it's infrastructures, impersonal electronically facilitated communication.
There's something magical about music that manages to make the modern and impersonal seem very full of character and life.

Pardon me if I'm coming off as pretentious or something. I'm just trying to convey how some music feels more "real" to me than a lot of other music that maybe tries do be "real" and grounded.

The above track somehow hits very close to home for me. I feel like this music speaks to the experience I have of reality. Can't explain it any better than that.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote