Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #14320 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
Are we just concluding that Kavanaugh is a rapist despite the clear lack of concrete evidence?
One of things I never really talked about here but basically underlies my entire POV on Kavanaugh is this: guys like Chula voted a dude into office (Bill Clinton) who told us Juanita Broaddrick lied about being raped in 1978. Yet she's stuck by that story and never wavered. Despite that, she is not believed by a lot of people. So if the Dems and their loyal sheep don't believe her, why are they so surprised when the Republicans basically followed the playbook they wrote in the first place in regards to Ford and others?

Despite all that, I'm not somebody who would advocate Bill Clinton going to prison or that he didn't have any right to be President because of those allegations. Being able to corroborate evidence is important, and the recent FBI investigation didn't turn up anything that counteracted the statements others have given (which all amounted to "I don't remember being at a party like Ford described").

If people believe Kavanaugh is a rapist (which I don't think he is), then they should prove it. That's all it comes down to.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 10-05-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote