Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #56215 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with any of you. I don't actually need to be convinced that booze is bad for me and that I'm on the fast track to self-destruction. I'm well aware and think about it constantly. Knowing this isn't the problem. Caring is the problem. I don't. I know this is irrational, but I don't care about that either, at least not in a transformative way. This is not about realizing anything, this is about irrational indifference and how forcing myself to do anything about it would require caring. Which I don't.

All the advice in the world is meaningless and tbh if I actually did care then I probably would be trying to minimize my bull**** and argue with you people because I would be emotionally invested in proving myself right so that I wouldn't feel the need to change, but I don't care and so it's no skin off my nose if I openly accept all of this because it will not force me to change my ways because nothing seems to do that anyway.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote