Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #56230 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I hate when you're waiting an unreasonable amount of time in the lobby and then you have to go up and remind them you exist

mostly just because it's an awkward situation where I have to judge exactly how much time needs to pass before I can safely assume they forgot to feed me
Yeah **** gets confused at times. I assume this usually happens to you when we're busy? We're going to prioritize drive-thru because we're being timed and that drive-thru time is basically the most important thing in our work lives. In-store customers absolutely get ignored at times when we're busy and our drive-thru time is going up because we simply have to treat you secondary. At times we have little option but to not make eye contact because we have no time to deal with you as human beings.

And then there are five million tickets flying around and one or two will get misplaced and then we don't even know who even needs an order, and the people making the food have so many orders on our screen that we don't bother looking at it because it's information overload, and by that time everyone is on edge because tiny things that go wrong snowball and teamwork becomes isolated worlds where the drive-thru people are pissed at the sandwich makers for not making food quickly enough and the front counter people for not bagging their food; the people in the back are pissed because they're running out of things while trying to also account for fifty orders at once and the people up front are too harried to communicate properly; and the front people are pissed because they've got customers glaring at them for waiting for five minutes because their orders are being sidelined to keep drive-thru time down.

It's a garbage job that pleases nobody and pisses off everybody and we have just enough people to actually do the job but not enough to be efficient at peak times.

But hey Chula makes amplifiers by exploiting cheap Chinese labor so let's suck his dick. Oh wait, he used to. Then they made him suck.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote