Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #238 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

After reading the article yesterday about the twelve years left the planet has : https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda9ef1d7

I am extremely doubtful that the world is suddenly going to change for the better and I do believe that the world will go under. At least in Sweden the report is being taken quite seriously..actually the entire environment issue has been taken quite seriously for quite some time. But then, no matter what we do here, it is not being reflected around us. For example, there is a big push here at keeping the local waters around Stockholm (Mälaren) clean. You can fish for herring , pike, perch in the middle of the city, take it home and eat it. No problem. But then, those waters connect with the Baltic sea and there you have countries like Russia and Lithuania pumping out poison into their waters. And we have to work even harder to keep the water clean. It's not fair but we have to do this in order to keep it clean enough for our environment.

Same thing with the global environment. I don't see countries like the US really taking the report seriously as a whole. I don't think that no mattter what efforts we do here (and they already are saying that now Sweden has to make double the effort we are already making) having an impact on the whole.To be honest, I just feel like doubling my saving efforts at this point, retiring with my husband even earlier then we hoped for, and just go out exploring the world before it is gone. At least I know that that is achievable.

Last edited by Lilja; 10-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote