Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical Disappointments
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Musical Disappointments

For any number of reasons artists disappoint us. Tell us.

Soon after that journal entry giving massive props to Kottonmouth Kings for their political beliefs I became aware of an article that credibly painted the main member as a racist who had beef with a black member of a group on his record label where he made a post on social media: "Nothing worse than slaves on the plantation sucking the slave masters Dicks-Free the Kings". Then the guy dissing him went on to accuse him of hanging with neo-Nazis and with that quote... well what the **** am I supposed to think?

I can separate the art from the artist but when someone reps liberal ideas of tolerance and anti-capitalism that hit me in the feels then finding out that one of the members is a racist cocksucker faking it for the sake of creating a fake image kind of ruins at least part of the fun.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.33984/title.184931#
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote