Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #867 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
I like everything musically but think the production and quality of everything ought to be stepped up heavily. Often sounds kinda cheesy but has the potential to be huge if you ask me. It sounds way more consistent than varied though. Is that a backhanded compliment? I dunno. Could totally use a gnarly remix because there is a lot of great sounding waves that aren't taking up as much sonic space as they should be, and the drums are flat-ish but the beats are cool.

The way it is now sounds like a video game OST and it's all alright but it could break faces just as well if you made it.
Nice, thanks.

Some of the instruments are straight up stolen from 90's PC game soundtracks, so it defintetely sounds like a game OST for a reason. Some samples from Crusader: No Regret used here and there, for example.

There are some select tracks on this thing that I always like when I come back to it, but some of them even strike me as too cheesy
(notably "Lost Out There" and "Blood On Your Hands".)

The last track, Cybil's Theme and the 4th track, Siren, were both straight up written for a game that I didn't finish making. That's why it says "Siren (short version)". There was a much longer mix with long, repetitive atmospheric stretches.

If you ever felt like making said gnarly remix, then I wouldn't stop you (and also wouldn't pay you.)

I'll dive into your album soon enough. Gimme a couple days.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote