Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Movies
Thread: Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

I'ma take a stroll through the horrors I've rated on RYM, it's the most abundant genre. Just some I rated highly not counting the obvious ones like Alien or the Thing.

ハウス [House] - So unhorrory that it's in fact extraordinarily horrory. Light and vibrant Japanese ass **** juxtaposed with so many unnerving elements. One of a kind through and through.

À meia-noite levarei sua alma [At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul] - Powerfully gothic business culminating in a showdown with God itself. Kinda. Some intense and otherworldly forces.

Bone Tomahawk - Wouldn't be afraid to call this the most badass movie ever though. Western horror is such a sparse thing though you'd think otherwise. They pretty much compliment each other perfectly. The bleak Western tropes are presented with a constant air of doom, and even one of the best splatters ever at the end.

Eyes of Fire - Interesting that the next choice was another Westernish horror, but not all deserty. Woodsy. It's quite unusual in premise, sets, and scares.

Orlacs Hände [The Hands of Orlac] - I wish I could remember enough to better describe it, but it's sick on a Caligarian level.

Quella villa accanto al cimitero [The House by the Cemetery] - Seems to be loved lesser than a lot of other Fulci films and not raved about madly. So I guess it's underrated. This one though, I found genuinely scary in a good amount of scenes.

The Witch - One of the best modern horrors no doubt. I should watch it again right this second.

Les yeux sans visage [Eyes Without a Face] - Quite a lovely piece and a special selection of my repertoire. Almost constantly unnerving thanks to the mask our faceless lady wears, right out of the uncanny value. She just wants a new face, but it's hard to come by the perfect one.

回路 [Pulse] - Gave me some mad chills. You should be frightened of the internet, some **** goes down there. Obscured figures and deep ambient impacts in abundance.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote