Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #11076 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
If you actually needed to "grind" in Final Fantasy 7 then you are offensively terrible at strategizing and building your party. That's practically baby's first RPG (and it quite literally was for a large percentage of Americans)...it's about as easy as they come.
Like most JRPG's, it's impossible to avoid some level of repetition of battles you've already easily been blasting through. JRPG's are my least favourite game genre (or close) because it's impossible to avoid pointless tedium. I'm making a distinction between traditional JRPG's and other types of Japanese and especially non-Japanese RPG's because so many genre variants exist - few of which bug me as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
I don't know maybe you just need Ritalin or heroin or something.
It would help. I get impatient and fiddly very easily for how calm I am in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
I don't "need" to grind to beat a game, I "need" to grind like I need another beer.
"I don't want it, I just need it."
- lyrics from a Tool song about anal fisting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I think Wild ARMs 2 and 3 handled random encounters perfectly. People who like grinding can fight all the chumps they please, everyone else can skip them (you get a certain amount of recharging skips against monsters within a few levels of you, and can skip low level monsters at no cost).
That would probably help me get further into it before quitting. It would be even better if you never got attacked by low level filler in the first place.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote