Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Movies
Thread: Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

there's some movies I rated that are tagged as "psychological horror" or something and not plain horror like I was going through yesterday, and some not horror at all though I would differ so I guess here's more stupid ****

Diabeł [The Devil] - I think this movie > Possession. The atmosphere and visual quality is just extra spectacular and the whole thing is mad. I ain't even Polish.

Possession - Going down half a star from the 5/5 Devil but don't ask me to elaborate why because I'm retarded and will not be able to answer. They're both off the wall and Possession surely wins in the squidman intercourse department.

From Beyond - Jeffrey Combs just means it's immediately good. Plus it's the greatest movie ever.

パプリカ [Paprika] - There's enough disturbing and unsettling scenes in this to fill an indefinite sized tank. But at the end of the day it made me so happy and it's just the nicest thing there could be, pretty much made me remember how to feel. But the tense suspense bits are ludicrous with surreal nightmareagery and horribly awesome buzzing soundtracks.

パーフェクト・ブルー [Perfect Blue] - It's not as nice as Paprika but it's all the same ballpark kinda. Well it's a good deal darker.

Beyond the Black Rainbow - This and Under the Skin turn slow boiling science fiction surrealist ambiance into an art form kinda it already is. Deep tones and funereal pace make the horrific imagery that comes around even more melting. Though the pace works against it I think, absorbing you into its cold thrall to the point where you don't want to turn back until discovering the nexus of this terror and then the movie's over.

Pin... [Pin: A Plastic Nightmare] - I was so surprisingly enamored with this and it's become a serious favorite. I was tryna watch Come and See but the file I had was a horrendous dub and I couldn't let that happen, so I settled with this one I downloaded from Youtube on a whim and it was fantastic to me. I'm not gonna try to pass it off as a genius masterpiece of cinema because I could imagine many not agreeing at all, but it's amazing to me. I didn't know how it could turn out with the premise seeming a little silly, this guy growing up way too attached to their doctor father's medical mannequin named Pin and unknowingly speaking for it and just being insane in general, but it managed to offer many chills from out of left field. I also think the acting is superb throughout, specifically the main character who'd go on to Stargate fame, and the ending genuinely had me on the verge of tears cuz I'm a gay ***got.

Santa Sangre - This is my favorite Jodorowsky movie I've seen. It's more humanistic if that's even an applicable descriptor, and a little poignant and lovely. Incidentally another horror to stir up the feelings at the end, though this one actually did have me shed a tear cuz I'm an even gayer ***got.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote