Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Movies
Thread: Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Some Favorite/Scariest etc scenes

The Thing

Spoiler for dog:
Of course it's the dog scene. Legitimately perhaps the most horrifying thing you could ever see. Every time it just rocks my world.

Also more shoutouts to John Carpenter to show us the uncanny creepiness of stillness, as in there, Prince of Darkness, and Halloween. Something can be so unsettling without making a slightest movement.

The Fly

Spoiler for not the vomiting:
Not a great video but at least the specific scene is there and intact. The transformation is god damn gnarly, but the scene at around 53:10 where Geena Davis births a giant writhing maggot is absolutely pulverizing. I had to pause it the first time after that to gather my composure.

The Shining

Spoiler for ice cream:
It was quite possibly this scene so long ago that ignited the craving for horror. This was off the wall shiver inducing, the fading in of deafness/static to the line delivered while he was still talking out loud , it's like he's addressing you directly.

Under the Skin

Spoiler for skin removal:
Already a visually tantalizing and tense movie, this moment damn near gave me a stroke. The sudden impact followed immediately by the deskeletonizing of this guy, ****ing god.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Spoiler for eyes:
18:14 classic

Audition

Spoiler for not torture:
This movie was already really gripping for a while but was just launched so deep into sudden horror territory when that bag spazzed

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote