Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #1155 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

It is in my opinion that racism isn't a plague that can be pinned solely on America. I believe that it is existent in every civilization that has existed... ever. It is not an American thing, but rather, a human thing. I'm glad someone else brought it up, because sometimes I feel like people just love attributing America with every problem the world has... it's always easy to take shots at the biggest kid on the block though, so I'm not surprised.

The title of the thread though IS Racism IN America... so I guess we should be talking about it here - heh. I think everyone is capable of being racist... whites towards blacks, blacks towards whites, towards muslims, asians, spanish - etc. etc. etc... and it's everywhere, like I said before...

and call me a pessimist... I believe it will always exist - so long as there are different colored people in the world. And say we all turn the same color in the futurer... somehow... people will find a way to discriminate... it's the human way. That still doesn't make it right... and I don't think anything can.