Music Banter - View Single Post - Final Showdown: Greta Van Fleet versus Church of the Cosmic Skull
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Final Showdown: Greta Van Fleet versus Church of the Cosmic Skull

I've seen Greta Van Fleet hailed as the Next Led Zeppelin. GVF has tabs of one of their songs featured Guitar World, which is a direct connection to Led Zeppelin cause that's where you would usually Led Zep tabs.

The next band hails from Robin Hood's old stomping grounds i.e. Nottingham, England. So now that town has two things to be proud about itself. I've seen Church of the Cosmic Skull described as an amalgamation of all these different band from the 70s like Deep Purple, ABBA, ELO, Thin Lizzy, Fleetwood Mac, Ghost and Electric Wizard, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The B52s etc etc. Even Mark Knopfler name popped up. The YT comment section is off the hook with band comparisons. If "Science Fiction" isn't in your Top Ten of 2018 then you probably know more albums that came out this year than I do.

There is two ways you can see this Showdown 1. you can see this Final Showdown as either Greta Van Fleet versus Church of the Cosmic Skull or B. you can extract from the subtext from the previous statements to see it as Led Zeppelin versus the 70s. Either way it is very close, hence the need for a Final Showdown® smackdown.

Greta Van Fleet - When The Curtain Falls (Audio)

I think the female singers look like Sweet Dee, the Waitress, and Artemis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Church of the Cosmic Skull - Cold Sweat

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Evil in your Eye

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Black Slug

(Final Showdown® is a register trademark of Oriphel.)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote