Music Banter - View Single Post - How To Improve This Place
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
So, for starters, we need to know what powers or abilities that a moderator has, that normal users do not. Also, a list of all people who have been given those powers.
^ It's not easy to find, but there is a list, recently updated by Exo:- https://www.musicbanter.com/showgroups.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Also, still don't see how its necessary to have as many mods as we do when the forum is barely active as it is. Doesn't take more than 1 mod to ban a spammer.
^ I think the number of mods we have now is fine. I have more trust in a consensus opinion coming from a small group than a pronouncement handed out by one or two Mighty Mods.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Back in the Cold War days of Mutually Assured Destruction, NATO began to realize the importance of "flexible response", i.e. a military strategy that allowed for a graded response before going nuclear. At the moment we have warnings and short-term bans before the nuclear option of a permanent ban, but I wonder if mods have ever considered a warning that is coupled with a demand for an apology? Has a mod ever said, "Apologise publicly for your post / erase your post or face a ban"? Maybe that would give another grade of response before the banhammer gets taken out of its glass case in the mod cave.