Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #15507 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I read somewhere that once you hit a certain age most people stop looking for new music and just stick to the music the listened to in their youth or songs that bring back nostalgia. That's where I think it comes from. I think it said that happens around the mid 20s. Luckily I probably listen to more new music now than ever and I don't think I'll slow down anytime soon.
I think that's true for a lot of people, but it really depends on what kind of a music listener you are. If a big part of your listening experience is nerding out on underground (or not) stuff that's new to you, I think that that sticks with you as you age. If you're just a casual music listener, that hunt is unnecessary once you have your favourites in line, so that person would be more prone to a fixed taste once they reach a certain age. Sort of like how the kind of person who turns into a Republican simply because they're getting older was probably never really invested in politics to begin with.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote