Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #56809 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I washed my Jeep on Tuesday. I spent a little time on it to get everything nice and sparkly too. Yesterday, I got an email from a new salesman here stating that he needed me to draw up plans for a custom trailer for a large 3D printer that would be going to South America. He said he had everything all drawn up and measured. In the email, it also stated that there would be a meeting and they needed the drawings by "Noon tomorrow". I was unaware that this email was created the day before. So, here it is 11am and I'm looking at his stick figure crap drawings that are drawn on a big piece of cardboard, and things aren't adding up. So, I ask him where this trailer we're to modify is and he says it's in the lot across the street. So, here I go off down this long-ass dirt road, which is more like an off-road trail than anything (good thing I have a Jeep, right?), and get the proper dimensions and head back to complete this CAD drawing, all while holding off on another project that is due by 1pm the same day, and I also had to get a RTD system programmed and packed up for a facility in Connecticut. The trailer mod drawings were emailed at 11:51am, other project completed at 12:45, and the RTD system was programmed and packed just as the team were about to head out to the site.

My Jeep is filthy and I wasted $6 on a DIY car wash.

Not a good first impression, new guy.